Monday, November 1, 2010

Dr. Sketchy

Last week, Carole and I attended the first anniversary of the Ottawa branch of Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School.

Dr. Sketchy was founded in Brooklyn by an art school drop out and branches have been established all over the world.  Dr. Sketchy invites artists and amateurs alike to draw the human form.  Models are usually burlesque performers whose elaborate costumes certainly provide a break from drawing naked people.  I can certainly use the life drawing practice…

Models took poses for progressively longer times, from 30 seconds to 20 minutes (which, for me, is either too short or too long).  Here are some of my more deserving efforts…  I’ll keep the rest to myself.

 

twins high-walker mc

clown

I tried to make a more finished drawing from that clown sketch above:

clown-for-web

I’ll try to make it back to the anti-art school next month, after all the tuition is pretty cheap and I can use the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment